We are a family cattle business that began in 1995. We start in our pastures with dinner plates in mind.
Our cattle are a performance herd. Our goal is to provide "Customer Driven, Balanced Carcass Cattle". We do that by producing "bull-maker Moms" whose sons go on to "PERFORM" in test and in the pastures of America's progressive cattlemen.
The Angus cow is remarkable, and we expect our cows to do it all: provide us with a calf every year in a reasonably short calving window; wean a heavy calf able to develop a good carcass; and that calf becomes either a stout bull or another productive "bull maker mom". The quality of the cow is tested by the performance of her sons. Bulls are tested at the top national bull tests (IBEP-Indiana and Midland Bull Test-Montana) and here at the farm.
Upcoming Events Involving WTR
|Date / Time||Event / Location|
|April 20, 2017 at 6PM
WTR Bulls Sell
|IBEP Bull Test and Sale
|March 10, 2018 at 1PM CT
WTR Bulls Sell... partnership with Linetics Ranch
|Beatrice, NE @ Beatrice 77 Livestock
Call us for your catalog or to discuss any of the offering
|April 6, 2018 at 11AM MT||Midland Bull Test Sale
|April 19, 2018 at 6PM ET||IBEP/Purdue Bull Test Sale
Springville, IN Auction Barn
|May 2018||On Farm Performace Tested bulls sell Private Treaty|
- Embryo Transfer
- Performance Testing
- Rate of Gain
- Feed Efficiency
- Power of Pedigree & Genetics
- Structural Soundness
- Fertility & "Mothering" Ability
- Feed Conversion & Feed Efficiency
The Results Speak for Themselves...
- #1 ADG bull at 2014-15 Midland Bull Test (MT)... calving ease and power bulls and over all breeds (more than 1000 bulls)... we had 10 bulls at MBT that had ADG ratio of 114! Now that's CONSISTENCY
- #2 ADG Get-of-Sire at 2009-10 Midland Bull Test (MT)... was also #6 WDA
- #2 ADG bull at 2008-09 Midland Bull Test (MT)
- #1 Performance Index and WDA bull at IBEP 2016
- #5 bull for "Feed Efficiency" at MBT
- High selling Heifer Embryo Pregnancy... Denver National Stock Show 2002... $12,000